Theobromine, the chemical in chocolate that make US happy is poisonous to dogs. To be toxic they do really have to eat a lot of it... and milk chocolate has less than dark or baker's chocolate. But, you really shouldn't give it to them at all, you don't want them developing a liking for it!
No, you cannot. However, surprising fact, don't worry too much if your dog gets into Hershey's chocolate. Hershey's chocolate actually has a very low coco bean content, it's mostly made up of sugars and milk products so it won't kill your dog, it will just make them sick. However, if it's a little dog, then you may have a reason to be worried. Two of my dogs got into Hersheys chocolate, and they both survived. The vet explained to us later on why Hersheys didn't kill them.
Dont give chocolate to a dog! My dog has had about 5 dime size pieces of chocolate and she is ok but it has some poison in it that can make your dog sick. Dont give your dog gum either it has a poison in it too.
belive it or not depending on the size of the dog is depending on how much chocolate it can handle if you have a very large dog and it gets ahold of a little chocolate it will survive because large dogs can handle small amounts of poison if it were a small dog it would be dead.
No, but if your dog accidentally eats chocolate he may just get sick depending on his size. Small dogs usually die when they eat chocolate and bigger dogs can just get really sick depending on how much they eat.