Please help! Is it more dangerous to touch a live plug with a wet hand, or to touch it while standing on wet ground?
what will give you more of a shock - touching a live plug (from a 120 volt socket) with wet fingers, or touching it with dry fingers but standing on wet ground?
how will the electrons know that you are standing on wet ground until it completes the circuit all the way through your body? If it doesn't, and you get a shock and pull away before the electricity reaches too far up your hand, the electrons will never know that your feet are wet and thus flow towards your feet into the ground? The same applies for if one hand is touching the plug and the other is resting on a metal surface - how will the electrons know that your other hand is resting on metal, UNLESS the shock is goes through your body and is relatively near the other arm?
And what happens if your fingers are wet, and you are standing on wet ground? I know that you will get a bigger shock at your finger tips, but again, how will the electrons know to go towards your feet UNLESS it the shock travels all the way through your body, and near your feet? I am just confused about how 'intelligent' electrons are..how they would know to go towards your wet feet compared to say,the shock travelling up to your head..THANK YOU!