Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.

how to transfer car title another person

my brother lives in washington state and he wants give me his car so i need to know how to transfer his car title to me

Report as

Maintain insurance on the vehicle until the sale takes place. Make sure the new owner will insure the car immediately after taking possession.
Find your title. If you have misplaced your title, contact the lending institution for another copy.
Visit the DMV with the buyer of the car to ensure you both complete the necessary paperwork.
Remit a transfer fee, which can range from $20-$300 depending on the state in which you reside.
Check with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for additional guidelines, since the process of transferring a title varies from state to state.

if it's not helpful enough go to ""

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

First make sure that you have the car insurance at hand until the day of the ownership transfer. The new owner should be able to insure it as soon as he or she gets it. In case you have misplaced the title, visit the Deposit Insurance Corporation to acquire a new one. There is some paperwork that both you and the new owner have to complete at the DMV offices for the transfer to be complete. Check out for more information.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches