this was my Momma's remedy....take a pinch of snuff and add a dab of water and make a paste to put on the area of the sting and cover with a band-aid.......the nicotine in the snuff will draw the poison out, reducing the swelling and lessen the pain....you can also use tobacco of any kind just grind up the leaves really fine and add water.....that's all snuff is anyway
A wasp sting is WAY more painful than a bee sting. How long they "last" depends on where you get stung. If you are not allergic, a bee sting on top of your head will be gone in 15 minutes. A wasp sting on your testicles will result in your death. Or something like that.
2 years ago
Last edited at 3:18PM on 4/20/2012
What I do is I mix baking soda with some water to form a paste. I apply it onto the sting. It takes away the itch in about 3 days and the swelling in about a week at the most. Put the paste on and than once it drys up and starts to fall off you can just add a little more, or put some on and put a band-aid over top. Clean off the soda about 2-3 times a day.