Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit
All  >  Science

Can the liquid inside a glow-stick be Hazardous?

A Glow-Stick broke in my room and the liquid inside splattered around my room.I want to know if it is dangerous for me.
PLEASE ANSWER QUICKLY!!!

Report as
This user is an Ask Community moderator.
This user is an Ask Community moderator.

Hi DarkAssassin, it is definitely dangerous if you get it in your mouth, it MAY be okay if you get it on your skin but honestly I would wear gloves to clean it up, and use something you can throw away to clean it up with. We can absorb things through our skin and it is best to safe rather than sorry :)

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (5)
Report as
What Happens if I get it on my Skin, Mouth or Eyes?
Report as
It is poisonous, a little prob wouldn't kill you but it is best to avoid it. I don't KNOW that it would harm you if you touch it or get it in your eyes but it is would best not to find out the hard way that it does.
Report as
Ah, I am not sure if I got some in my mouth but I know got some on my skin.
Report as
wash well with soap and water, a little probably won't hurt you but it is best not expose ourselves to these toxic chemicals if we can avoid it, it all accumulates over time.
Report as
@dennawynn: nice
Report as
Add a comment...

it is o on skin bc me and my frends rubed them on out skin it comes off cloths and every thang try not 2 get it in ur eyes out mouths or eny cutz ho

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Yes !

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
fritzmerde

It's nontoxic, my friends & I have covered ourselves with the fluid more times then I can count. We've also enjoyed many glowing cocktails. It can be an irritant, so avoid the eyes & only drink it with mass quantities of vodka (that's not recommended, but I can't count the number of stupid things that occur in frat houses either)

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

No, my baby brother once after a Halloween party was chewing on one and bit into it. My mom called poison control, and they said it won't hurt him bit it will sting his mouth.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches