1 year ago
Last edited at 10:08AM on 5/3/2012
I live in Florida ~ mosquito haven. I do not suggest the X with your fingernail (sometimes used to do that when I was a kid), because MRSA infections are on the rise, which will most likely kill you. It can be found under your fingernails. Know it sounds strange, but my grandmother used to rub ammonia on the bites when I was a kid, and it worked super!! However, do not scratch before putting it on, as it will burn. I also learned that this works on any sting bite when I took a safety course in college; i.e., bees, wasps, spiders, jellyfish, etc. Now I use lemon scented ammonia or, if I run out, an ammonia based window cleaner. Spraying is best ~~ you can also douse your skin or use a cotton ball on a single bite. However, do not rub it into your skin. It actually draws the poison out of the bite.
Wash the area with very warm water & lots of soap. Rinse with warm water & pat dry. Then gently squeeze the area like you would a blemish, but be kind. You should see a clear serum come out. Then put an antibiotic ointment on it.
If mosquitoes bother you, take 50 mg of vitamin B-6 starting about 2 weeks before mosquito season. The B-6 has a reaction wherein mosquitoes will not lite on you. I have done this for years. I begin taking it in May and continued through the end of September.
In the case that you don't have a first aid kit handy with Benadryl cream, an alcohol swab, or witch hazel to swab it with, put a clean penny over the bite and hold for a minute or so. The copper helps neutralize the toxins. It also works for Bee stings if caught quickly.
1) Apply some nutmeg oil, lemon-grass cream or some paper-mint-based creams. All these helps.
2) You can light a cigarette, then radiate the heat from the glowing tip towards the mosquito bite. You may want to move the cigarette around a bit to cover the whole affected area and its surroundings and avoid localized over-heating and get your skin burnt. Be careful to keep the glowing tip at a safe distance away from the skin.
3) Avoid excessive scratching as this may cause some complication to the skin. There may be plenty of germs hiding in the gap underneath our finger nails. When we scratch the skin, we may damage the outer layer of skin and make openings for germs to gain entry into the deeper layer of our skin and later our body through blood streams. For some with diabetes or sensitive skin for whatever reason, scratching with finger nails may result in wounds that may later develop into ulcers which are stubborn to heal and leave ugly scars after healed.
you can use some natural cures like:rubbing the inner surface of banana peel,make it humid with apple vinegar or alcohol and also there are some drugs in spray,lotion or oinment shape in market which can be useful for it:)
1 year ago
Last edited at 6:56PM on 5/4/2012
Here's an old cure that is the best and safest around. My mom always used a slightly wet bar of soap (hypoallergenic). The bar should needs to be wet enough to work up to a slight white layer all over the bug bite. Let it dry completely and leave it alone. Repeat if you need to take a shower and the bite still bothers you. The natural drying process of the soap with draw out the poison left by the insect. NEVER poke open or 'cut' into a bite as this can lead to serious infection.
One natural way to treat itching from an insect bite is to use essential oils. Make sure that your oils are 100% natural. The best oils are lavender, tea tree oil, peppermint, lemon, but you can try other oils as well. Check out http://www.essentialoildetails.com/ for more information.
Wash it with soap and water. I saw a program on the Discovery channel that said the reason it itches is because when a mosquito bites you it urinates at the same time. The mosquito urine is what makes it itch. Their bodies aren't big enough to hold the blood and urine. They dont have venom or any poison. They pee on you when sucking your blood