I can say ABSOLUTELY! I got bit by a baby rattlesnake on May 15th, in our car port! If my husband had not been there, I might not be telling you this fact! Rattlers are full of poison, especially the babies. They don't know how to monitor their deliverance of venom. I was wearing flip flops, & was talking to Don (my husband) over our SUV. I felt a pinch, twang like feeling. I thought I had a stick caught between my flip flop & foot. It was the rattler. I was rushed via ambulance to the hospital, in emergency for 14 hrs., ICU 4 days, and regular patient 2 days. Not fun. Be careful!