Wow, why do people do this? No, it's not okay to give your dog chocolate. Depending on the size of the dog, the kind of chocolate, and how much he ate, he could experience anything from hyperactivity to vomiting and/or diarrhea to death. Small dog, large quantity of chocolate, dark chocolate all increase the risk. Call your vet's office for advice on what to do.
It's not a good idea to feed a dog chocolate what so ever But if they get into it on there own it depends on how much they eat. Dark chocolate is the worst for them. Some dogs react differently, my dog however has a stomach of steel and has eaten uncountable large amounts of chocolate and he was fine.
He is probably ok, but please never do this again. Chocolate has a chemical that is very similar to caffeine, and dogs bodies can't handle it. Many dogs are fine if they accidentally eat chocolate in small amounts, and may show no signs of being sick. Even if they are ok with chocolate, just the sugar in it is not great for them and they should avoid it. It also really depends on the size of the dog and the amount of chocolate. If your dog starts throwing up, call a vet.
A little bit will not harm the dog. I had a 10 year old Chow Chow who ate 3 pounds of chocolate by accident and he only got sick. He survived, though, but a few years later he died of old age. Don't worry about it unless the dog starts acting sick.
My vet said never to give dogs any people food. Why take the chance of one of them getting sick, just because they look at us with sad eyes because they want what we?re eating? It?s just not worth it, in my opinion. I will only feed them Natural Balance food and treats and that?s it!
Um, it's not very healthy, and I think everyone knows NOT to give a dog chocolate! This is how you can tell if your dog is not, well, working right: 1. Your dog will shake 2. Your dogs eyes will role back 3. You must take it to the vet ASAP!!!! It must get its stomach pumped, or it might die.