Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

Why are so many under the illusion that the US is a democracy?

Although we do have democratic ways, the United States is, and always has been, a Consitutional Republic. Pretty unfortunate that so many US citizen's aren't even aware of it - but "Americans" are!

Report as

Because it is all they hear in school and the media. Even those in our government don't get it right.
It is a very important fact. We are not ruled by 51% while stomping on the rights of the other 49%. Individual rights are in fact the most important factual right in our Republic.

Helpful (2) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Hey! If it was "American" to know what's going on in our own government, or any foreign gov'ment for that matter, then put my behind bak on the boat, because I don't know What being American is anymore. You worry bout our "Repubic" or whatever it is ur calling it now. I am way too busy over here trying to get complete strangers to hit an imaginary button on their slave device so that I can have tons more unwarranted make believe reassurance in the form of GREENS !!!
To you I say, Good day Sir!
*scoffs* then continues to google "when can I see the new Kardashian episodes..."

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
Lol
Report as
Laughed out Loud ... Yet, no green? Por why?
Report as
Add a comment...

One nation under God. However, divisible by one man that brings to mind James Jones. People are still drinking the koolaid. Just a different flavor.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

So what is the difference in how this country is run as a republic rather than a democracy? It all seems the same to me.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Ignorance and apathy.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches