Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

Help! What should i do?

my dog just ate about 6 pieces of trident gum. is he going to be okay? what should i do?

Report as

Is it sugarless gum? If so you need to get your dog to the vet now! there is a sugar substitute named Xylitol that will kill your dog.

Helpful (2) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
it is sugar free gum with xylitol
Report as
Get you r dog to a vet now! xylitol can do serious liver damage which can kill you dog. It only takes two sticks of gum to kill a 20 lb dog.
Report as
Add a comment...

Your dog will be fine

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

He 'might' be okay but you should take him to the nearest open vet office just to make sure there is no liver damage and have the correct amount of blood glucose.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

My dog always finds a way to get my gum but yeah your dog is going to be fine

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/is-chewing-gum-toxic-to-your-pet/page1.aspx
other than this article, gum doesnt harm dogs, but doesnt really process, as far as I know.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

He will be fine. It's not a large amount. :).

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Call your local emergency vet. clinic. Give them the details. They will let you know whether or not to bring in the dog. There typically is not a fee to simply talk with them. If there is a phone consultation fee, they are obligated to tell you upfront.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches