1. Go to a warehouse shopping club like CostCo or Sam's Club and check out their selection of television sets. They do have the latest and greatest and you can save a substantial amount depending on make, model and features.
2. Visit any furniture store and ask where they keep the bargain television sets. All of these stores have a place where they keep scratch and dent and other television sets that are salable but less than perfect. They discount these so check this out.
3. Check out online electronic stores and browse the electronics departments. Frequently, the television set has a good price that is lower that the same set found in a retail store.
4. Buy direct from the manufacturer. Look for the television set you want to purchase and see who makes it. Then call that manufacturer directly to see if they sell to the public. If they do, you cut the middle man and get the savings.
5. Find a good price on a used television set. If you choose this method be sure to find out if the television set comes with any warranty. Most times a used television set comes "as is" so make sure it functions correctly before you buy.
First you should research the different types of new television technologies to determine which set would be best for you. If you are looking for the best picture quality, you may be interested in the new 3D HD plasma sets, such as the Panasonic TC-PVT 20/25 series. It is important to remember however, that some of the best deals on TVs will be on last year's models, this is great if you are willing to forgo cutting-edge technology for the best price.