Does diatomaceous earth kill tape worms before they are passed or make the digestive system uninhabitable for parasites?
We have been treating our livestock and pets with diatomaceous earth. Our 9 month old puppy has been shedding live tapeworms constantly. I am concerned about the worms infecting other animals (chickens eat the worms, get into the pig pens, infect the pigs, we eat the pigs and get infected?). Plus it is disgusting to have to keep cleaning her. So does the DE kill the parasites or make the digestive system uninhabitable, or both? Is the DE working? I don't want to have to poison our animals to kill the worms, we've had a few disasters with wormers before.