Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

My cousin swallowed a glow stick can that hurt him?

so he just drank the glow stuff in a glow stick can it hurt him? he is 4 years old.

Report as

For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222
These people are much more qualified to answer that question. Call them and ask them, you wont get in trouble.

Helpful (10) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (6)
Report as
Ok I will to make sure thank you
Report as
And let us know what you find out!
Report as
Ok my aunt is on the phone now I will tell everyone when she gets off
Report as
Ok they said that he needs to drink water and he may feel sick but it is non toxic so it shouldn't do any damage it will work it's way out of his system soon. So thank you all for telling me and he should be fine in a while.
Report as
Sweet!
Report as
Yeah
Report as
Add a comment...

They claim to be non-toxic,in small doses. However, large amounts can make you sick. But if anything glows the way a glow-stick does, I feel like there has to be something dangerous in it. If he feels sick later that night, don't hesitate to take him to a doctor, and tell them that he ate a glow stick. Tell him not to make a habit of it.

Helpful (3) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you
Report as
Add a comment...

Yeah, you might want to run that by poison control! Peace of mind is priceless.

Helpful (6) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Yeah I told my aunt to call thx
Report as
Add a comment...

Call posoin control immediately. My brother pooped one when we were camping when he was sleeping and it burned his eyes my mom was freaking out he had to keep flushing it out with water. If it can do that to your eyes I can't imagine it being good for your insides.

Helpful (3) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
Yeah my aunt is on the phone with them now. and thank you
Report as
And omg I meant popped!!!!
Report as
Add a comment...

If the glow stick is not broken to where the stuff inside it leaks out the your cousin should be fine and if it's non-toxic but if it is toxic take them to the doctors maybe they can help!

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
It did break and he drank the liquid stuff but my aunt called poison control people and they said he would be fine and thank you
Report as
Add a comment...

poor thing, hope he's ok

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
My aunt called poison control and they said he would be fine but thank you
Report as
Add a comment...

I thought there was glass in those things? I would definetly call poison control, at least ask them if he is fine

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
My aunt called in the 2nd comment I wrote what they said but thank you
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches