Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

My dog is thought to have eaten rat poison. They've had him on vitamin k for a week but he's still lethargic! How do I know if its rat poiso

Report as

Rat poisons are 1 of 3 types. Evidently it was an anticoagulant because vitamin K1 is used as an antidote in cases of this type of accidental poisoning. The symptoms to look for are loss of hair, blood in urine or feces, bleeding gums and fatigue and dizziness.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
Turns out it was cancer of the liver that ruptured. He's losing more blood than he's producing internally. It doesn't look like we have long with him:( thanks anyway
Report as
Poor little fellow. I'm so sorry.
Report as
Add a comment...

Go to a vet and do a check-up

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

To know if it is a rat poison, you will have to take your dog to the vet. However, lethargic is a common symptom in dogs that suffer from anemia, fever or even drug or medical related issues.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer