Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

Help my rat! Having trouble breathing!! (read below)

I think she had myco. I think she is 2 years old (but I don't know exactly cuz I got her from someone) she is having trouble breathing and making squeaky noises, I've given her dark chocolate and sat in my steamy bathroom with her and I know medications like Baytril, Amoxycillin, Doxycycline, Tylosin, Dexamethazone, Prednisone, Aminophylline, Theophylline, will help but my mom refuses to take her to the vet so is there anything else I can do for her? can I get those medications somewhere?

Report as

Chocolate is usually bad for any animals so I'm confused for the reason in which you gave it too her...

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
Dark Chocolate has an affect on rats lungs and it cleans them out but you don't give them a lot just a tiny sliver. Trust me I thought it was wired too but I looked into it a lot
Report as
Okay, I had pet rats once also but we never had this sort of problem so I figured that the chocolate was the problem.
Report as
Add a comment...

Get her to the vet ASAP.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
I cant
Report as
Add a comment...

dark chocolate has an effect on rats lungs. there is no cure for it. just wait and watch what she/he does.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
That1BadNovelist

Don't animals chocolate.. You might have to take her to a vet.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

I don't know if chocolate is toxic to rats, like it is with dogs ... But I did find some interesting reading about respiratory conditions in rats ... See the following link.
http://www.rmca.org/Articles/ratchoc.htm

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches