Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

Please read my dog

my dog ate a bit of chocolate what is going to happen ??!

Report as

my dog as a puppy ate a whole bag of Tootsie Rolls paper and all, nothing happened

Helpful (3) Fun (1) Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLe
???!!!!
Report as
Add a comment...

1. Call a vet instead of asking us.
2. How much chocolate?

Helpful (3) Fun (1) Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Half a piece of a cookie with a slim layer of chocolate
Report as
Add a comment...

If its a lot take him to the vet.

Helpful (2) Fun (1) Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

nothing terrible if he is healthy and only ate a tiny bit. Some dogs can handle it, some cant.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Nothin, my pitbull eats choco kibbles

Helpful (1) Fun (1) Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

it will take like 5 Hershey's bars of chocolate to kill him of do anything major, how much did he eat?

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

It's gonna be fine, it didn't eat enough to hurt it. Don't worry.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

from what i read it wasn't very much chocolate it should be fine. it wasn't dark chocolate was it?

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Please read your dog?..... Since it was just a bit, your dog will HOPEFULLY be alright. If it's been a while, your dog's probably fine. Watch for symptoms.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
MBrooke15

My 9 year old basset hound ate a whole bowl of chocolate covered pretzels and was fine....its all good

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
muhhaloslippd

It depends on the amount and size of the breed. Watch for shaking, excessive panting, lethargy, if in doubt call a vet asap. Ive seen deaths of Dogs with theobromine poisoning.
It effects their blood pressure breathing etc... Call a vet if you need further help
While the pathetic begging look that goes across the face of a dog wanting chocolate can weaken the most stoic dog owner, stay firm. Do not give in. Ever.
SYMPTOMS OF CHOCOLATE POISONING
You can recognize that your dog has eaten a toxic dose of chocolate from the symptoms. Within the first few hours, the evidence includes vomiting, diarrhea or hyperactivity. As time passes and there's increased absorption of the toxic substance, you'll see an increase in the dog's heart rate, which can cause arrhythmia, restlessness, hyperactivity, muscle twitching, increased urination or excessive panting.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

haha my dog ate a whole chocolate bunny and nothing happened to him (except lots of poop, lol) so your dog should be fine :)

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches