Your dog needs urgent medical attention right away. Call your vet's office and see if they are open on the holiday or if there is at least a number you can call in the event of an emergency. Good luck.
The knife could perforate the dog's stomach or intestine. The animal would develop peritonitis, an inflammation of the lining of its abdominal cavity, which is very painful and if left untreated, fatal! Get your dog to a vet.
1 year ago
Last edited at 10:16AM on 1/1/2013
Ok .. I'll bite .. Are you saying your dog chewed up a knife (made of out plastic), a knife handle (made of plastic or wood) .. or actually swallowed it, blade an all...Even for a dog, swallowing a metal kitchen knife blade would take some doing.