Not really recommended.. If you try to block the exhaust, you could put carbon monoxide in the house, or cause a fire hazard. Don't use your oven either.. Some people do but lots of fires start from that because people don't turn the oven off to cool it down for a while.. Buy or rent a portable heater of some kind if you can..
long time ago my dad took a smallish plastic garbage can. cut "windows" in the side of it. lined the inside of can with window screen. then he routed the drier vent hose into the the crawlspace and hooked the garbage can to the hose. basically a big lint trap is what he made. all the driers heat stayed in the house. we ran dehumidifiers for the extra moisture. worked great. house was toasty
Boil water & keep on the stove, burn candles in the room you are in. I save huge buck$ with candles & turn my heat way down! Layer up & pile on blankets. Drink hot tea to warm up inside too! It really helps. Stay warm!
IF IT IS GAS NEVER. if elect it will run up your bill destroy the limits and coils not work very well. geta pellet stove. i have a 57,000BTU that heats 2900 sq ft. for $200.0 a mos in 10 deg or even neg 10 deg winters.
The dryer operates by passing inside air (heated by an element) over wet clothes and exhausting the resulting moist air to the outside. Interrupting that path will cause you problems. However there are devices available that can be installed in the exhaust hose to recover some of the heat that would normally be lost.