How do you keep a child from swallowing after putting a foreign object in their mouth?
My niece is almost 4 years old and notorious for being a wild child. She seems to always be getting into something and putting things in her mouth at all times. We do try to keep a good eye on her and try to keep our house clean but we are wondering if there are any ways to stop her from swallowing if we are to find her with an object in her mouth. We're just worried that she may find a loose pill or something to that affect and end up swallowing that. If you know of anyway to stop a child from swallowing that would be greatly appreciated.
I've looked up several articles on it and I'd appreciate it if the answers I receive wouldn't be telling me to keep the house clean at all times. Because we do and that's an obvious but unrealistic thing in a house of 7 people.