Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

Will my dog be alright?

My dad dropped a piece of Chocolate chip cookie on the ground and she ate it.. I know it can be harmful for dogs to consume chocolate.. Will she be alright? I am worried.

Report as

My dog ate a whole big bag of peanut butter Mandms. She's all right now....spent the night hacking it up tho. Your dog should b fine...

Helpful (3) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Chocolate is toxic to dogs, but considering it was a small amount, your dog WILL be fine. No need to worry!

Helpful (2) Fun (2) Thanks for voting Comments (8)
Report as
I think there was a white chocolate chip in there with a small bit of cookie around it,.
Report as
Then he'll be fine for sure. That's nothing!!
Report as
lol ... TOXIC !!
Report as
What?
Report as
you said choclate is toxic to dogs
Report as
Umm.. It is.
Report as
idk maybe u r better than me ... i was just laughing, nvm
Report as
Okay?
Report as
Add a comment...

I think she will be okay.. Was it a small piece? If she starts acting weird I would go to a vet.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
it was a small piece of white chocolate with a bit of cookie around it. What would be some of the symptoms to watch after?
Report as
If it was small I think she will be okay; I would think throw up, diarrhea. Dogs have problems digesting chocolate.
Report as
Add a comment...

she'll be fine. it's the accumulative effect of quantity that chocolate has on the body that is the toxin.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

If it was just a piece of a cookie she will be fine. Nice to know you care about your puppy and are aware that chocolate is poisonous. :0)

Helpful (2) Fun (1) Thanks for voting Comments (3)
Report as
Yeah I know she is my 4 year old boxer.. Bailey
Report as
Lol I meant to just give that a Helpful, not a Fun.. I'm not sure why an clicked on a Fun, since dogs eating chocolate is not fun at all lol xP my baaad!
Report as
^It's alright, had a feeling it wasn't intended.
Report as
Add a comment...

She will be ok. My old dog has eaten a ton of chocolate over the years because of us accidentally leaving it around. Chocolate is bad for them though. They will probably poop it back out.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

My dog ate an entire pan of brownies, and a chocolate cream pie in the same day when I wasn't home, and she ended up being fine.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

If your dog is the smallest dog in the world, it may be a problem. Otherwise no it won't hurt her. Chocolate has a chemical in it which is a stimulant and causes dogs to have a heart attack... essentially. It takes a fair amount compared to body weight to actually hurt your dog. Which is not an excuse to feed your dog chocolate.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
She is a 4 year old boxer. Her name is bailey
Report as
Oh then yes she will be OK. It's good that you pay such close attention to her health!
Report as
Add a comment...

She will be fine

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

The same thing happened to me. My Vet said a small amount will not harm your pet. Just do not make it a habit.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

She will be fine. The smaller the dog, the less chocolate she can handle. I'm sure you could quickly find a website that gives more details on how many ounces of chocolate a dog can eat according to its weight (not that she should be eating chocolate at all, just the amount she could consume without having to be rushed to the vet!).

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Such a small amount shouldn't be a problem.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Shes gonna be okay just dont let her eat anymore chocolate .

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Yea your dog should be fine your dog only consumed a small piece of chocolate so she should be fine.my dog once ate a whole bag of Reese's pieces and she was fine

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Dude, my BFF's dog ate half of a chocolate bunny that was GIGANTIC!!! And guess wut? Her dog ain't dead. She's always up and active. Plus, it's a chocolate CHIP cookie! Those chips are tiny!!!

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Beware of unsweetened baking chocolate ,that's all I know about it. I have 6 an they get it all of the time.but don't feed them a pound of it.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

A little bit likely be ok but keep an eye
Out for change in behavior

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Was it small, if it was it's okay! My dog ate a piece of cocca pebbles she's alright though. I'm sure your dog will be fine :)

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

yes she will be alright a tiny piece of choc like that cant seriously harm a dog but a large amount can !!!!!!! my dog has ate choc loads of times and shes lived to this day and im never worried but what ive also done is bought special choc designed for dogs !!!!!! were u get from ur vet or pet shop !

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

It depends on several things. How much your dog weighs, what kind of chocolate(milk,dark,baker choc.) Milk chocolate is the least offensive baker's chocolate being the worse offensive. Call your vet office. They will tell you weather to panic or not.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches