Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

my cat is sick! help!

last night my cat puked twice and it had some leaves in it but after she seemed fine. this morning she is laying down and doesn't want to get up it looks like something might have came out of her nose it's looks uncomfortable for her to breathe. she might be pregnant if that helps

Report as

You need to take your cat to the vet, ASAP. If you can't afford the vet, take her to your local Humane Society or ASPCA shelter. Explain your problem. Most shelters will treat sick animals on an ability-to-pay, sliding-scale basis. I've done this myself, when my husband was laid-off, and our cat was sick. They were kind, gentle, helpful, and respectful--and when my husband finally got another job, we went and made a donation to the shelter, to thank them. Please don't think they'll treat you badly--they just want to help animals. It's what they're there for.

Helpful (2) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
we're trying to get a vet but it's Sunday and no one is open :(
Report as
I'm sorry. We're pretty lucky--there's a 24-hour, always open, animal ER in our town. While you're waiting, try giving your cat some warmed-up chicken broth. Most cats love it, and it's a good way to get fluid into her, so she won't get dehydrated. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble--they always seem to get sick on weekends!
Report as
Add a comment...

It is possible that the vomiting due to pregnancy. However, if this is not the case, it can be due an infection from something she ate or worse a disease like liver or kidney disorders. It is important if you seek help from a vet. Read more on http://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/cat-vomiting-causes-and-treatments and http://www.catsofaustralia.com/vomiting-cats.htm.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
we think it might have been a lily leaf and I know that can be poisonous to cats, any suggestions?
Report as
Add a comment...

Take it to the VET.... ASAP

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

what was coming out of her nose? if mucus, she may have a lung infection. the puking could have been from the leaves (my dog pukes after eating grass) and she may have been eating grass because of an upset stomach. the stomach ache could be nothing much to worry about, or just worms. if she has worms, puking may have got some into her lungs (or the leaves she ate could have, too) which could also explain the difficulty breathing. just take her to the vet if she doesn't get better. Hope she feels better :)

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches