My microwave stops working completely & feels hot on the sides. After it cools, I plug it in & it works fine. Is it safe to use?
2008 Sunbeam Microwave
I would get rid of it. Radiation is NOT healthy And if you have a 'partially' broken radiation device it is no good.
If you have to ask....Anything that emits radiation that isn't working properly... should not be used
No. Fire Hazard!
NOOOOO ... if it is malfunctioning .. do not use it ! Period! You are dealing with micro waves .. and radiation. Your microwave should be in good working order to use it .. PERIOD!
Everything you need to know about microwave safety can be learned at the fda.gov website, specifically, at this webpage:http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/ResourcesforYouRadiationEmittingProducts/ucm252762.htmThe risk of fire appears to be much greater than the risk of a radiation burn from the microwaves magnetron.
buy a new one, they on sale at target.com