Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.

In new york state, if a non custodial parent is paying child support, the child is 17 and in jail, not going to school do they still pay?

Report as

Being jailed does not automatically change the child support order; only a judge can modify a child support order. This means you might still be required to pay child support, until the matter can be decided by a judge. Talk to an attorney for professional legal advice.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer