Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

Is my dog ok?

I have a bowl that has a mix of fruits and veggies. When I was taking it out of the fridge, i dropped it. And before I could do anything my terrier came in and ate an onion and some grapes. Now he is not acting right. Were those foods not good for him or something?

Report as
This user is an Ask Community moderator.
This user is an Ask Community moderator.

Get your dog to a vet ASAP. Grapes are toxic to dogs and can cause kidney failure. He may look lethargic now but there will be worse consequences the longer you take.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_and_raisin_toxicity_in_dogs

Onions are toxic too.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/06/the-dangers-of-onion-toxicity/

They can cause deterioration of blood cells, essentially. Please, PLEASE get your dog to a vet, and I hope he's okay.

Helpful (6) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (4)
Report as
Ok hes been at the vet he is in stable condition
Report as
I'm glad you took him to the vet right away. I hope he will be fine
Report as
Thank goodness! Hope he feels better soon!
Report as
Well you did the right thing and you have done all that you can do.
Report as
Add a comment...

Both are toxic to dogs and can cause liver damage. Get to the vet NOW!

Helpful (3) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
RedRose

Poindextra is right!!! Like chocolate, theyre are REALLY bad for dogs! Take him to the vet, or animal hospital!

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Onions and grapes are poison to dogs! Vet. Now.

Helpful (2) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Take him to the vet!Grapes can cause kidney failure and onions i think can cause damage to the liver

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

GET TO A VET!!!! lol, your dog will be fine, my terrier ate a bunch of lillies and got poisoned and then ate some grapes and part if a remote, but we got him to the very and he was fine

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

VET NOT ASK.COM!!! The crap is wrong with you?! If you don't take responsibility for your animal, you shouldn't have it! Onions can cause liver failure, and grapes can cause Kidney failure!!! If it was a glass bowl and it broke, there could also be anything from inner scratches to open wounds in the esophagus & stomach! Get. Your. Dog. To. The. Vet. NOW!

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
Well i'm sorry i didn't know. He is actually ok and all the vet had to do was give him a fiber pill. I am trying to take responsibility by getting an answer. Don't tell me i shouldn't have an animal because i don't know every single thing that can kill it.
Report as
Well any good owner should know that the internet is no way to get an answer about something serious. It's called common sense.
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches