Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

Let's say I sell a pair of shoes for $100. Since they are my shoes, I would get more of the cut for it and

my friend would get what % of the cut? How can we make this so that we can make money? And if we add more people to this business, what would the new %'s be?

Report as

Sounds like you are talking about a Flea Market? If so, set a rule about selling. If its' yours, then you get 75% and the other gets 25%. If it's theirs, then the same rule, but they get 75%.
If you add more people to the business, then the business owner might get 20% of all sales. Or, the property owner gets it. Be sure to write down the rules, and get everyone to sign them, before you start selling. In that way, there will be no hard feelings along the way.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
I was thinking that way for whosever's shoes they belong to will get the most of the cut. Thank you for your response, it will definitely help!
Report as
Add a comment...

friend should get no cut seeing as how it was your shoes you sold

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you
Report as
Add a comment...

Depends on what your friend did to help you sell the shoes. A fair cut would be 30% if they helped. The more who help the less your cut is going to be since everyone needs to be paid for helping.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you
Report as
Add a comment...
FunnyLittleFrog

If you guys go into business together, then the shoes belong to the business and not you anymore. How you split up the money you make is determined by how you split up the profit from your partnership, say you own 70% of the business and he owns 30%. You could split the profit along those lines. Basically you both should agree and have a written agreement before working together or you will stop being friends pretty soon.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you
Report as
Add a comment...

It's your shoes....you bought it! You sell it....If your friends get paid that there just using you....you prob don't see it..but your being use

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer