Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit
All  >  Science

Glow stick broke in child's/kid's mouth and ingested/ate contents

Report as

For free, confidential information on an ingested glow stick, call 800-376-4766

Helpful (4) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

they are nontoxic just for that reason

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Glow sticks are poisonous If eaten. I think u were thinking about glue sticks
Report as
Add a comment...

Call the Poison Control Center at 800-222-1222.

Helpful (2) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Call Posion Control!

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

i did that more than once it taste gross but they are non toxic dont get to concerned with it like others including myself have said they are NON TOXIC

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
fritzmerde

I'd be shocked if pipeliner's wrong. In the military we use them all the time. At times when bored-we've broken bundles, worn them, drank them, decorated our vehicles, bathed in puddles from them, played lots of colorful beer games with the contents.If you have never seen a lume stick pavement pizza, treat yourself.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (3)
Report as
I'm not entirely sure what a glow stick is, and I'm still amazed you're alive after all that.
Report as
LOL! Wow. I would have loved to have seen that! And you had no side effects?
Report as
fritzmerde
Geez, I have a bunch here-4, 6, 8.12hr. types. They say non-toxic, remove from package, bend once until you hear a snap & then shake. The package has a big triangle with an ! inside. Warning choking hazard. Wow, that's a load off my mind-I might have died & no one bothered to tell me.
Report as
Add a comment...

I would call poison control and / or pediatrician.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

they are nontoxic, but if swallowed is hardto poop out

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Many of them are toxic so call an expert ASAP if it doesn#039;t say non-toxic. in some cases they contain a radioactive material (I found this out the hard way)

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches