Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

I have a almost 1 year old golden retriever he is about 60 pounds and he might have got a Hershey chocolate egg. Can this kill him

plz help he is my only friend

Report as

Most American Milk chocolates sold have very little actual Cacao ( thus less Theobromine)in them, they consist mainly of Milk Solids, Fats and Sugars.
European Dark Chocolates are required to contain 35% Cacao solids, where as The U.S. requires only a15% concentration of Chocolate liquor.
So if your Dog happens to eat a average American chocolate bar or Easter candy, don't worry about it, give it some Pepto as kookie said, if it's tummy gets a little upset.
Be carefull to keep Unsweetened or Baking Chocolate away from Dogs, it is made of pure choco liquor and could definitely hurt a Dog!

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (4)
Report as
Dog might get the Hershey squirts for a day or so !
Report as
Thank you!
Report as
You're welcome! How's the Pup doing?
Report as
@Mr Wayne, ooh yeaaahh!:-( pheewie!
Report as
Add a comment...

I doubt it. Dogs eat stuff they find in the garbage. I think your dog will be ok. Maybe just a weird pooping day for the dog.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you so much! I will be able to sleep tonight UR a saint ?????? thanks again!
Report as
Add a comment...

No, don't worry. One chocolate egg won't harm him.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you!
Report as
Add a comment...

Call a veterinarian to be sure, but ONE chocolate egg won't kill the dog.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you! He is really my only friend I don't have any and I would be so sad to see him go
Report as
Add a comment...

This will depend on the amount of theobromine that is in the chocolate. This is because if it high, it will be poisonous and it is important to call a vet because this is high quantity of chocolate consumed by the dog. Read more on http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/dogs-and-chocolate-get-the-facts.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Thank you
Report as
Add a comment...

It shouldn't hurt him, the little girls next door decided to give my Min Pin a chocolate bar, more than one I might add, he did get sick, I took him to the vet and they charged me $45.00 and told me to give him Pepto Bismo, so I've learned now around Easter time and summer to really watch and if he starts to act sick I just pull out the Pepto Bismo.

Helpful (1) Fun (1) Thanks for voting Comments (3)
Report as
Morning kookie!
Pink lipped min-Pin! Lol!
Report as
Oh girl, he hated it, acted like I was trying to kill him, lol
Report as
Can imagine! Stuff tastes evil!
Report as
Add a comment...

i dont think it would kill him. one chocolate egg cant kill him. call the vet to okay it!!!!!! he might have bad gas though. or have to use the bathroom a lot

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer