Yes , got bit by a Rattlesnake when I was 17 ! Luckily my cousin had a snakebite kit and got a lot of the venom out ! Then , when we got to a Hospital , they gave me about 3 shots and I was sick for about a week !
Yes, in California during Marine Corps Boot training. The medic had a snake bite kit, but it was discovered that the snake did not release his poison. Most times, if an adult snake bites you, it's to warn you to stay away. They don't waste their venom on something larger than they can eat. It's usually the young adolescent snakes that waste their venom until they discover that it takes time to recharge it, meanwhile they go hungry.