Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.

How do I move back to my hometown with my dad?

Ok so im 16 years old and about seven years ago I moved from Indiana with my mom to North Carolina. Now im split up with my family that lives in Indiana.Ever since I have lived here I absolutely cant stand it, we have been to court several times and the judge never favors my side of the argument my mother is completely awful to my brothers and dad an had ran them off to the point where they never want to see her again I can't stand to be around this place any longer the school drives me insane and I don't know how much longer I can take this.

Report as

Let your dad know you want to live with him and ask if you can move in. I'm sure he'll understand. I'm not sure what custody paperwork needs to be filled out, but you just need to let someone know that you DO NOT want to stay with your mother. you could call your local police station (not 911), or child services. Let them know how awful it is at your mom's

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
So what would they do if I told the police or the office about this situation ?
Report as
Add a comment...

You need to wait for the decision by the court on the arguments you are having so as to be able to move back to your hometown with your dad. You are still young and cannot decide on your own where to live. Talk to your parents about the situation you are facing and see if they can find a suitable arrangement for you.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches