Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.

Do I have to get new working papers? (please read)

I am 15 years old in Pennsylvania and have a job. I started when I was 14 so i got these blue colored working papers. I know that people who are 16 or over get issued yellow working papers. I did a little research and found this.

"What's the difference between a "blue card" and a "yellow card"?

Minors are issued work permits according to their age. Applicants who are under the age of 16 are automatically issued a "Vacation Employment Certificate", which is a yellow card. Minors who are over the age of 16 are issued a "Transferable Work Permit", which is a blue card. Since 14 and 15 year olds are subject to stricter labor laws, they are issued the vacation employment certificate and are required to renew the certificate every time they secure a new job, until they turn 16. Once they turn 16, applicants are able to receive the transferable work permit, which they can use for any job thereafter."

My question is that since I will be turning 16 in a couple of weeks, would i need to re-due my working papers since i will be 16 and can get a yellow card? Thanks.

Report as

You get a yellow card if you are 16 or more. You get a blue card if you are 15 or less!

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
so do i have to re- due the papers so i can get a yellow card since im 16 now or will they automatically switch it to a yellow card?
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches