I might be getting a hamster, any tips?
My friend has two hamsters, and she is getting a Yorkie so she can't have the hamsters, so she said she could give all of the hamsters and supplies to me for free, if my parents agree.
My questions are:
1) Tips for owning a hamster in general?
2) I also have a 6 year old sister, so will it be hard for her to handle?
3) How long would a well-cared Chinese dwarf hamster live for?
4) There are two male Chinese dwarf hamsters, and they are from the same litter and in the same cage, will they fight a lot? My friend said that they don't, but will they change?
5) What are the reasons for hamsters biting, and when they do, do they usually hurt? (My OTHER friend has a Syrian hamster, and she said that they kind of hurt when they bite, but my OTHER OTHER friend has a Chinese dwarf to and she said when they bite they don't hurt)
6) Anything else that you think will help me!
^-^ Thank you!