Um it is something that I wouldn't try I mean if it is something that I ate I would be worried about feeling it moving around inside my stomach ha , ha. I wouldn't try it though who knows what could happen.
Most insects can be eaten alive, a good indicator as to whether they're safe is its color. If its bright and fluorescent, then it's poisonous, and I wouldn't eat it even if it was cooked. Also, I have a rule where if it has more than six legs I won't eat it... All saltwater life will be poisonous to eat raw, vice versa with freshwater (although it is safer to cook it first, that just leaves out certain bacteria, not all of them)