Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

What are the side-affects of drinking mold, and can these symptoms be a result of it? (Read Description)

Over a week ago, I accidentally drank molded Tea. It had so much mold in it that I could feel it in the roof of my mouth. I immediately went and brushed my teeth/mouth. That was the night of July 3rd of 2013, and today is July 13th of 2013. Ever since then, I haven't felt so great. This entire week, I keep feeling sicker and sicker at my stomach by the day, and with my stool becoming... sickly, ...I have grown concerned. I wouldn't think that the mold would still be in my system, but ,perhaps, it's trapped in my mouth or on my tooth brush. What do you think is going on? Could this be a result of drinking mold? Do you have any information regarding this matter? Any information could be helpful.

Report as

You probably should go to the Doctor and take the toothbrush with you. There are different kinds of mold. Some are harmful, others are not.
Bleu Cheese and other salad dressings contain mold.
Penicillin is made from mold.
You probably need to determine what kind of mold it was before you know if that's what made you sick but whatever the cause, if you are sick you should go see the Doctor.

Helpful (2) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
I don't know the type of mold, and I'm not sure of the color because it was in my tea. I've actually drank molded tea before, and it never effected me, but I don't know. I suppose, it could have been something else that effected me. Though, if this problem persists, I may just go ahead and go to a doctor, just to be safe. Regardless, I'm getting a new toothbrush, and I'm not brushing my teeth until I get one.
Report as
Definitely get a new toothbrush but save the old one so they can check it and see if they can tell what kind of mold is on it.
Report as
Add a comment...

Maybe you are just grossed out. Definitely throw away tooth brush. See a doctor.

Helpful (2) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
Well, I don't think being grossed out has anything to do with it. I was grossed out when I drank it, but now, I'm just concerned. I think I will throw the toothbrush away, and get a new one. Thanks for your imput.
Report as
Add a comment...
BellaBale

Well; It didn't do any permanent damage. Keep breath mints around for a while.
You are suffering from the bad memory

Helpful (1) Fun (1) Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

If u drank a lot of mold and feel nausea, u should definitely go to the doctor.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
I didn't drink allot; it was just one swallow, but I am definitely considering a professional.
Report as
Add a comment...

See a doctor ASAP. The mold could have stayed in your system, and it could be sticking inside of you and messing up your stomach -maybe even your blood. Not trying to scare you, I'm just saying that mold can do that and you could be in danger. Throw your toothbrush away too.

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches