Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
Submit

What exactly is Wi Fi + Cellular for an iPad?

I might be getting an iPad very soon..what is Wi Fi + Cellular?

Report as

get the 4G option if you want to access the internet from remote (non-wi-fi) locations
it is $30 a month vs $0 if you just want the wi-fi option (works for me 70% of the time; so i need the 4G the other 30%)

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

You should know what wifi is for and Cellular refers to the ability to connect to cellular towers for data transmission and you have ability to connect to the Internet even when you are not near a WiFi network. With a cellular iPad, you can be out in a car riding down the highway and still have Internet connectivity where as with WiFi only, you have to be within the range of a WiFi network that you can connect to in order to have Internet access. Also
A cellular data plan comes with a monthly cost in order to use the feature, but you can buy a cellular iPad and not activate the service until you need to or want to and you can just use it on WiFi for the time being.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

It means that u can use the iPad any where there is wifi, Internet service with a wireless router. Also u can use it anywhere like u can a cell phone.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

I use wifi at home and in many malls and grocery stores, restaurants and hotels for free. I have Verizon as well for my iPad. It automatically switches over if there is no wifi available like in a car and I'm looking up information. Usually because my hubby is lost! Or to check prices at different stores or take pictures if something I want to buy. You don't need wifi or Verizon for that, just threw it in. I love my iPad mini. I carry it everywhere I go. Everything is in it. Appointments addresses doctors games email books.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

Wifi is with a wireless router cellular is with a Carrier like version sprint AT&T

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches