Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.

Microphone problems.. Please help

I got a really expensive microphone the other day and it works great! but in the store I bought it in, I saw this thing that was attached to most microphones. it had kind of a flexible arm that attached to the mic and then it reached around to the front of the mic where it had some kind of filter or something. can someone tell me what this is and what it does?

Report as

Looks like a plate with lots of pinholes in it, maybe a screen? It's called a pop filter. Think of the popping noise you may hear in a bad recording when someone makes a hard consonant, the filter prevents a popping noise. Good thing to have but not required (bf has a small recording studio.)

Helpful (1) Fun Thanks for voting Comments (0)
Report as
Add a comment...

which brand it is ??? use longitech's microphone they are good

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
logitech's are great 8 agree
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches