1. Soak your nails in warm milk. It strengthens and whitens nails, and makes them grow faster.
2. DO NOT cut your cuticles. But do push cuticles back with a q-tip, it helps nails grow.
3. Always coat your nails with some nails hardener or clear polish. This really makes nails strong, and strong nails=long nails!
4. Once a week, soak your bare nails in a bowl of olive oil for 10 minutes. Then wipe away excess oil with a cotton ball.
5. Never use nails as a tool. Find the right tool for the job rather than risk having to grow your nails from scratch.
6. When washing dishes always wear latex gloves, as soaking your hands in water weakens nails.
7. eat 2 portions of protein a day. Nails are basically made of protein, so make sure you eat a lot of it! Calcium, , and vegetables/fruits are all also very essential in your diet in order to grow healthy nails. Meat, , dairy will all help your nails to grow strong and healthy.
Apply peanut butter to your nails and remove it after 10 minutes. Do this everyday until you see great results. The protein in the peanut butter will stimulate the growth in your fingernails. It also works for toes.
there are clear coat nail polishes that have tea tree oil in it i forgot the name they help your nails grow fast and strong. Me and my sister used it worked well. You could find some at that store sally salon
7 months ago
Last edited at 9:23AM on 8/7/2013
Well there are a lot of tricks, one of the well known tricks is peeling garlic. Another trick is eating healthy foods. You could also buy the Sally Hansen Nail Growth/Strengthener, I don't if it works well but you could give it a shot. Your nails are made of keratin so maybe you could search the internet for supplements that aid in nail growth.
eat 2 portions of protein a day. Nails are basically made of protein, so make sure you eat a lot of it! Calcium, , and vegetables/fruits are all also very essential in your diet in order to grow healthy nails. Meat, , dairy will all help your nails to grow strong and healthy.
Drink a lot of milk. It has calcium which is needed for both hair and nails. Don't paint your nails that often, and when you actually do paint your nails, let them come off naturally, instead of nail polish remover. After that, don't paint your nails for a while, and let them breath.
7 months ago
Last edited at 10:17PM on 8/9/2013
You can use home remedy's such as soaking your nails in warm milk for about an hour which helps them grow strong because of the protein in milk and soaking your nails in olive oil mixed with water to make them grow faster but, that takes a while trust me I would know I have been at this for a very long time I have looked up do many things because my nails used to be brittle and they wouldn't grow so it does work but, it takes forever. The thing that worked for me that helped really fast though was just going to a store and looking in the nail polish area. There should be specific things in there that says nail growth formula and lengthening formula. That's what I got and it works excellent. Also increase your calcium intake to help them grow that is the number one vitamin they need to grow. Good luck.
Vitamin A, biotin and vitamin D are all important for nail health. A lack of Vitamin B may cause ridges and fragile nails (biotin specifically is notable for its treatment of weak and split prone nails). Vitamin D works with calcium to improve the strength and growth of nails. You can check for free to see if you are meeting the recommended intake of these vitamins and adjust your diet if necessary using this tool: http://www.gbhealthwatch.com/dietnutritionevaluator.php You can also check your overall nutrition balance :)