Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.
All  >  Science

What university program should I take if I want to become a doctor that specializes in something?

I'm thinking of a pathologist or something like this. Please help!!

Report as

you'll want to go to a University with Pre-Med program. but a warning though, MD schools are VERY competitive. im talking you need to maintiain a gpa no lower than 3.6 to be a average applicant (3.8 to be very competitive), a Math/Science GPA of 3.6 (again 3.8 to be competitive) an MCAT score of 28-35 the average test score is 24. you need 2 semesters of General Biology, 2 semesters of General Chemistry, 2 semesters of Physics, and 2 semesters of Organic Chem. a semester schedule of 2 sciences one math and two filler classes equaling 17-19 hrs also you need to have volunteer hrs (actually doing things not sitting at a desk) and shadowing hours with different Doctors over different specialities all while making A's in hard college courses. this isn't for the feint of heart you have to apply yourself and be GOOD at science and math. and by good I mean REALLY GOOD.

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (1)
Report as
after 4 years of that, and your grades are good enough to apply you apply for medical school and IF you get accepted you spend 4 more years in medical school, then 2-5 years in a residency making a fraction of a doctors salary then your a full fledged doctor with $200,000 of debt from medical school alone
trust me, im a premed student lol ive done my research
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches