Submit a question to our community and get an answer from real people.

What type of charging cable do I have

I have recently purchased my first tablet (a generic no name), and really don't know anything about them, but I've been doing the usual orientation things to get a better idea of what I can use it for.

My question is about the AC charging cable or power cord. It plugs into a wall outlet and connects to the tablet by way of a post. I don't know what size post, just that it's smaller than the 3.5 mm used for headphone jacks.

What type of power cord is this or how should it be referred to? And is there a way to charge this type of connection by buying a 3rd party adapter cable that would plug into a usb port on a desktop or laptop computer, instead of a wall outlet?

Report as

well a normal tablet has the same charger as a Android does...they are the same in every way. and yes there is...the charger should unhook and be plugged into the computer

Helpful Fun Thanks for voting Comments (2)
Report as
I don't understand what you're saying. I neglected to mention this tablet has an android 4.1 os, but the only possible way to charge it is by using the cord that plugs into a wall outlet. I was only curious if it was possible to charge a tablet of this type by way of usb port.

Mainly, though, I would like to know how to refer to this type of charging cable.
It plugs into a wall outlet and connects not to a micro usb port, but connects by way of a post, like those used on headphones, but it's smaller.
Report as
does the bass of the charger that you plug into the wall come apart?
Report as
Add a comment...
Do you have an answer?
Answer this question...
Did you mean?
Login or Join the Community to answer
Popular Searches