the reason why most sodas are converting back to using real sugar is because most people over time devop symptoms and sensitivities to Aspartame and Sucralose. It is very hard for the liver and kidneys to filter this. You may have developed an allergy or sensitivity.
there are no tests to "test" for poisoning. It is recommended that you stop eating or drinking beverages that contain it.
You could be allergic to aspartame, and it does have side effects for some people ( myself included and triggers my migraines ) which is why there are warning labels on items containing it, but to have "aspartame poisoning" you would have to ingest such huge quantities of the stuff at the exclusion of everything else, that I doubt you have that.
You should check a reputable site like NIH.org and research it, or go and see your doctor.
The easiest thing to do if you find you have some reaction to it, is to not eat or drink foods with aspartame in it. It does not have a shelf life in your system to any longer degree than anything else you ingest.
There are so many alternatives on the market now such as Splenda, or Sweet and Low.
9 months ago
Last edited at 10:19PM on 3/12/2013
My doctor is ordering a blood test to check for aspartame poisoning. Some say there is no such test, but my local lab says differently. Check with your doctor or the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta. God bless you in your journey.