Using glue traps is very cruel, I would discourage you from killing with this torture device. I trapped the mice using a humane trap and then carried them several miles away to release them. It is also helpful if you keep birdseed and other crumbs of food cleaned up the best you can. I had lots of birds, both inside and outside, and I had colonies of mice. I only cared because of the health risks. Please consider how you will kill the mice. I recommend decon, they bleed to death internally; I checked with a vet and he said they really just kind of go to sleep. I never had any problem with odor from this (this was for the ones I couldn't trap.)
Poison always has a risk of unpleasant results though. Imagine if you poison a piece of cheese, or peanut butter or something, and the mouse eats it. Then when the mouse is satisfied it will go back to it's home ,because usually the poison takes at least 30 seconds, and dies. Then you have a dead mouse somewhere in your house, probably in the walls, and when it starts to rot, it'll stink your whole house up.