2 years ago
Last edited at 8:52PM on 12/3/2011
Toxic black mold (or the technical name: Stachybotrys chartarum) causes serious symptoms and health problems. It doesn't cause hives but Some of the symptoms are mental impairment, breathing problems, damage to internal organs and sometimes even death.The spores from toxic black mold are both toxic and allergenic. This means that toxic black mold also causes the allergic reactions that other common household molds do. For example: sneezing, sore eyes or a runny nose.
Absolutely! We had slab leak we didn't know about and my 6 yr. Old ended up w/a terribly cough. We went to the Dr. and after chest x-rays and breathing treatments it was recommended we have our air quality checked.