2 months ago
Last edited at 4:53PM on 1/31/2014
They usually contain too much caffeine. You can get caffeine overdose. The symptoms are high blood pressure, anxiety, trembling, hyperactivity etc. It is ultimately fatal. You can also get sugar overdose, it is ultimately fatal as well. Of course it is awfully hard to get overdose by drinking energy drinks. But not impossible if you dedicate yourself :)
Heart rate multiplying. One way is you will suffocate because the blood that is being pumped is not being fueled with oxygen. Also they can have salts that can make your body go swollen and start to hurt. Answer's simple don't drink them. Grab a coke or something.
You can get kidney stones too. My manager at an old job decided that he NEEDED 4 20oz. cans of red bull, & 4 packs of cigarettes a day to function. After 3 months of this, he passed a large kidney stone in the middle of shift @ work. I'd stick to coffe & tea. At least you know where they come from.
Eventually yes, especially if you drink them everyday. First, the acidic content of those drinks wear down the enamel on your teeth, and advance tooth decay. The caffeine and the acidic content upsets your stomach causing acid reflux. The reflux can go on for years undetected. Eventually that can cause esophageal cancer and you can die. So use them sparely.