Muscle soreness can be from lactic acid ( a byproduct of cellular respiration). Lactic acid is corrosive and can break down muscle tissue mildly. The sooner you can get it flushed out of the muscle, the quicker you will recover, and the less sore you will be. Massage can "flush" lactic acid out of the muscle and into the blood stream. The kidneys, then filter it into the urine. Drink plenty of fluid, especially water.
A cure for sore muscles would be to try and avoid over working the muscles again. But, if you want to treat the soreness take a long hot bath with Epsom salt and rest. Over the counter Tylenol or Ibuprofen will help too. It may take the soreness awhile to completely go away but after a good soak they will feel better.