I bought a new motor and fan for a bathroom to replace an old motor and fan. Did I wire it correctly - see details?
This old fan has black and white wires, wired to black and white wires that go to a wall switch. The new fan/motor has a plug (same size flat prongs(2)) with 2 blue wires (no ridges, no printing, smooth on both wires). I cut the plug off and wired the blue wires directly to the black and white wires and it works. Is there a chance that this will cause a fire or electrocute someone?