Yes, molds can make a person sick. This is possible if there is constant exposure to large amount of mold spores. The possible conditions that might result from mold exposure are hypersensitivity reactions, respiratory illnesses, neurological conditions and even death. For more information, visit http://www.ask.com/wiki/Mold_growth,_assessment,_and_remediation
Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and while some are beneficial, some can cause diseases like asthma, allergies and eye irritation. Unusually high concentrations of mold spores can increase risk of having mycosis e.g, fungal infection. Here is a link for more info: http://www.ask.com/wiki/Mold_health_issues?qsrc=3044.