The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes that rubbing alcohol is not recommended to kill head lice. The most common over-the-counter suggestions include pyrethroid-containing products, such as Rid and Triple X, and permethrin lotions, such as the brand-name product Nix.Know More
The treatment of lice is not something that should be handled lightly. Lice do not carry diseases, but they can spread quickly to other individuals who come into close contact with the infected person. There are multiple over-the-counter treatments and prescription and follow-up treatments. Benzyl alcohol lotion, ivermectin lotion, malathion lotion and spinosad topical suspension are listed by the CDC as recommended prescription treatments.
People who are infected with lice should try to keep away from others until the treatment completely removes all bugs and eggs. Use all treatments as directed by the product label or according to the doctor's orders. No treatment should be used in excess, doubled or used more than once in the same treatment period. Wash clothing and bedding thoroughly in hot water and a highly concentrated bleach or cleaning solution. Lice does not live long once removed from the host body. Contact a physician for recommendations or a prescription if having issues getting rid of the parasite.Learn More
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists the symptoms of lockjaw as jaw spasms, headache, sudden and involuntary tightening of muscles and painful muscle stiffness throughout the body. Other symptoms include fever; perspiring; difficulty swallowing; elevated heart rate and blood pressure; and jerking or staring.Full Answer >
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identify body fat percentages ranging between 18.5 and 24.9 as normal and healthy for adults. Often people use a measure called the BMI, or body mass index, to estimate this.Full Answer >
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says bedbugs hide in the smallest of places, such as folded clothes, in the seams of luggage or mattresses and in furniture, making it easy to spread them throughout a home. People can easily and unknowingly transfer the critters from one destination to another.Full Answer >
Breathing the fumes of antifreeze can cause, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "eye and respiratory tract irritation but is unlikely to cause systemic toxicity." The harmful chemical within antifreeze that causes these side effects is called ethylene glycol.Full Answer >