Q:

What is the average salary in South Africa?

A:

As of February 2014, based on the BankservAfrica Disposable Salary Index, the average salary in South Africa is R11,641. This average salary is 6.4 percent higher than in 2013.

Know More

Full Answer

Accounting for inflation, the real-term average salary increased only by 0.5 percent. In addition, 30 percent of South African employees in 2014 made at least R11,641, while the remaining 70 percent made below that figure. Furthermore, slowdowns in bank account balance increases in December 2013 were attributed to lower bonuses, as claimed by BusinessTech. When divided by race, in 2012, white South Africans' incomes were six times higher than their black counterparts, as reported by the BBC.

Learn more in Salaries

Related Questions

  • Q:

    What is an average salary for an immigration lawyer?

    A:

    The average salary of an immigration lawyers is $61,042 annually, according to a December 2014 PayScale synopsis. The salary range for these specialized attorneys is $40,175 to $117,110 per year.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What is the average salary of a repo man?

    A:

    According to Indeed, in 2014, the average salary for a repo man is $32,000 per year. According to Forbes, aircraft repo men make an average annual salary in the six-figure range. Repossessing an aircraft pays repo men a 6- to 10-percent commission based on the plane's resale value.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What is the average salary of a CEO?

    A:

    The average salary of a chief executive officer, or CEO, was $178,400 per year as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, or BLS. Ten percent of CEOs made at or below $75,030 per year and the median salary was $171,610 per year.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What is the average salary of a microbiologist?

    A:

    In 2012, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported the average salary of a microbiologist at $66,260 per year or $31.86 per hour. At that time, salaries for a microbiologist could range from $20,000 a year to $100,000 per year depending on education and experience.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore