What should you do if someone owes you money?


A consumer does have options if he has money owed to him by another person. Attempting to collect the funds directly from the person is generally the first place to start. However, suing someone in small claims court may be an option if all other efforts have been ignored.

Know More

Full Answer

Small claims courts are considered more informal than most court proceedings and do not require that an individual be represented by an attorney. The one major requirement in small claims court is that the amount owed cannot be more than $10,000. The exact procedure for filing in small claims court in the United States varies by state.

Learn more in Personal Loans

Related Questions