Yale University is located in New Haven, Connecticut. Yale is a private research university. The school was founded in 1701 and is the third oldest U.S. institution of higher education.
Some key facts about Yale University include:
- Motto: Lux et Veritas (Light and Truth)
- Campus Size: 837 acres
- Undergraduate: Yale College (over 65 programs and departments)
- Graduate: School of Arts and Sciences
- Professional: 13 schools, including medicine, drama, law, and public health
- Color: Yale Blue
- Mascot: Bulldog
- Alma Mater: "Bright College Years"
Yale University is a member of the Ivy League Athletic Conference. The other Ivy League schools are Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Columbia University, Princeton University, Dartmouth College, and The University of Pennsylvania.