21st Birthday Invitation Ideas
By Evan Williams
, last updated February 24, 2011
Coming up with 21st birthday invitation ideas is simpler than one might imagine. Instead of skirting the issue, we can save some time and take a realistic approach to this pertinent issue. A young American man's or woman’s 21st birthday is the great signifier of legal ability to partake in any of the many scintillating bar scenes that flourish in this great nation. Finally, eyeing a bouncer is done with complete ease.
The event to properly ring in this glorious and mature occasion is done largely in fashion with the style and taste of one’s social circle. The invite, however, usually entails one activity: sipping, and should be sent out by the birthday boy or girl's best mate.
- Find the most unattractive and incriminating photograph of the birthday boy available, and feature this atop a Facebook events page or an e-mail circulation. It doesn’t really matter what the message says as long as it rhymes (sort of) and includes the date, time and place of the forthcoming party.
- Find a picture of the birthday boy at 12 years old. Include this picture in Bar Mitzvah or Confirmation greeting cards sent to all party invitees. The card can either be extremely formal or extremely cheap, depending upon which works best with the chosen picture. In America, we practice freedom of religion. We also know that no one is a man until he turns 21.
- Send an embellished, glitter-filled woman’s invitation to all of the birthday boy’s friends (Optional: include a pocket-sized Jack Daniels with each invite to ensure seriousness and formality)
- Send an embellished woman’s invitation to all of the birthday lady’s friends (glitter optional). Women take this a bit more seriously. Quality of paper, choice of font (usually script), and selection of fanciful wording are all significant factors in conveying the details and tone of this young lady’s transitional forthcoming event. Consult einvite.com to iron out the details (Personalized invitations always make an invitee feel ready to be tipsy).
- Find the most unattractive and incriminating photograph of the birthday lady available, and feature this atop a Facebook events page or e-mail circulation. Leave an open chat for all invitees to chime in and reflect on the birthday lady’s recent accomplishments, or lack thereof, and pose stimulating activities for the evening at hand (A question to be asked: will the birthday lady find this method too offensive or embarrassing? In some cases, even if the answer is yes, this plan is still a go. In other cases, if the answer is yes, we may choose to show restraint).
- A pocket-sized bottle of champagne or a choice liquor complete with twirled ribbon and a tiny, attached invitation message arriving at an invitee’s doorstep is sure to incite enthusiasm for the birthday lady’s momentous fiesta.
The responsibility that accompanies adulthood need not be reiterated here, but on the night of the occasion, as always, it is in everyone’s best interest to keep the water flowing as loosely as the alcohol.